Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Stomach Viruses and Sock Bun Curls...

Hi All!!

I have been gone for awhile due to a little stomach bug that wiped the whole family out over the weekend, but we have all quarantined ourselves to recover, and it feels good to be healthy again! Those 24 hour stomach bugs are the worst! Yikes!

Now, has anyone seen the posts and tutorials on online about how to get perfect "sock bun" curls? Well, I decided to try it! Here is the link that I used. :)  The idea is that you take one of your husband's old black dress work socks, cut the toe out and roll it up. Then you use the "tie" to roll up a bun. Sleep on it, and in the morning you have beautiful loose curls! I loved the idea, so I was really excited to give it a try. :)



Here is my sock bun the evening before! Beautiful!! This is going to be great! I can feel it! I can't wait to see my new curls!! I bet I will wake up looking like a Victoria's Secret model. Ha!!!



Side 1 in the morning.   WHAT?!?!  This doesn't look good! 


Side 2 in the morning..  Double WHAT the F!?!? 

Where did I go wrong, and what in the heck am I supposed to do with this mop of hair this morning?!?! I have to go do reading assessments in R's classroom in an hour!  

WAIT!! WHAHH?? Is that a giant "Cruella Deville" streak of gray in the back of my hair!???!! Crap!! I've got bigger problems than bad curls this morning. :(  I have never really dyed my hair, but I guess it's time to become one of the chemically dependent! What am I going to do with this mess of hair? Grrr...


This will just have to do for today. 

Has anyone ever tried this? Did it work?? Where did I go wrong??  Oh well, at least I still have a cute top bun. Someone pass me the wine and hair dye!!  :)   ~Betsy

2 comments:

  1. So glad you guys are over the bug ... those are never fun!
    We have already texted about the bun results, but I am still lovin' the before. Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete