Monday, October 29, 2012

Rain Rain Go Away...



Well, It's official! It's now October 29th, and I am officially sick and tired of the rain. I had better batten down the mental hatches though, because there's still 8 months of this "liquid sunshine" (as our local news likes to call it) to go. I'll spare you the "liquid sunshine" conversation about why that little coined phrase annoys me so bad, but it's here to stay for a while none the less.  ;(

I think it's because Halloween is coming up this week. I always get into a little bit of a funk when a holiday is near. I start to miss my family a lot. When I see all of the fun Halloween party, trick or treating, and pumpkin patch pictures; It makes me wish I could be there to celebrate with them and have the cousins to play together. Let's be real though... If this is the thing that I am sad about today, Life is pretty good.  Okay, I'm done with the pity party now!  :)

I think the other thing that's contributing to my crabbiness is that I only got to run 1 day this week!! BOOOOO! Pathetic. I only have 3 potential running days a week right now.  I went up to Mt Tabor on Thursday and had a sorry show of running the hill. Saturday we had a soccer game, and that day was a soaker! The boys played in the mud, and it was super fun to watch. They were covered from head to toe! Then, Sunday morning I woke up to no rain. Yippee! I put my running clothes on, and went to Krispy Kreme with the family. What?? That just sounds hilarious. Don't you always do that?
Yummmmmm.....

 I had a pumpkin spice doughnut, (highly recommended!) with full intention to run when I got home, then the sky fell out and rained sheets for the rest of the day.  Don't get me wrong...  I will run in the rain.  This is Portland. If you don't run in the rain... you don't run. This is within reason though. :)
There is supposed to be a break in the rain this afternoon, so I will be out for a run after the husband gets home. Let's get some of those endorphins flowing again!   ~Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment