Thursday, July 19, 2012

Looking for a little inspiration...



This week has been a week of just going through the motions. R has been in soccer camp, so I have been just doing the soccer mom shuffle of running errands, dropping off, and picking up. I have been running every morning this week, but I have been getting out the door later than usual. Some days I'm not sure they can be considered running, or more like getting my heart rate up by running a mile and a half.   I am losing my inspiration to get up early and get out the door to run down the same streets every morning at 5:30am by myself. I am starting to think that I need to get a gym membership again, so I can switch it up a little. The Hubs has agreed to do the Warrior Dash with me in September, so that helps. Something has definitely switched in my head this last year that has caused me to loose that "spark" for working out, and running a lot of times.  I know that people struggle with this everyday. It is hard to keep the inspiration day after day, and year after year.  Here are a few of my favorite ways to stay inspired through the difficult times...

New Playlist-  A few new songs in your ears can go a long way!  Here's a little secret of mine.  In my every day life I LOVE country music, and listen to it all the time with the exception of a little pop on the radio. My workout playlist is almost all rap! Kanye, Eminem, Black Eyed Peas, etc..  My power song is Eminem's "Till I Collapse", and tons of Rihanna  is a must on my Ipod.  :)

Commit-  This may be the best way to stay motivated. Commit to the next thing! Sign up for a race, join a boot camp, running group, or Cross Fit class. Something where someone will hold you accountable for showing up.

Find a Friend-  Misery loves Company when it comes to working out. You are always more likely to show up if someone is expecting you to be there.

New Swag-   I'm always excited to get out the door whenever I get a new pair of running shorts, or a new top to run in. It's always nice to feel good in what your wearing, and if you commit to the outfit, you are more likely to commit to working out in it. :)

Pinterest- This is one I use the most. There is a world of workout inspiration on Pinterest! You can find everything from pictures and quotes, to workouts and regimens to follow. I look at these almost every morning while I drink my coffee. It's has gotten me out of the house more times than I can count. :)

               ~Betsy

1 comment:

  1. Try rockmyrun.com. They have great mixes dune by DJ's and you can look at the play list before you download it. You get free credits each month. It's awesome and it's continuous music with a continuous beat. So cool!!
    Love, sister

    ReplyDelete