Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Confessions of a Coffeeholic



Hi. My name is Betsy and I am a "coffeeholic". Whew! That felt good. Ha!

Seriously though I am crazy about my coffee. The Hubs and I both are totally addicted to it. Living in a place where it's cold and rains consistently 9 months out of the year; You need a nice warm beverage to thaw out your soul after unloading groceries, or watching a soccer game in the rain for the 13th time in a row. It's essential! The Hubs and I have coffee in the mornings, and in the evenings after dinner. I would say that I drink about 7 cups on average a day. 3 or 4 cups in the AM and 3 or 4 cups in the PM. I know this is alot, yet I still somehow manage to sleep like a baby. :)

Thinking about the amount of coffee I consume has me also thinking about the amount of creamer that I consume. I usually buy the fat free liquid creamers. These creamers have 30 calories per serving and I use around the serving amount in a cup of my coffee. When added up over a year this comes to a whopping 2555 servings, or 65,700 calories per year that I consume in man made syrups and sugar!! WOW! I usually eat relatively healthy, and try to make more good decisions than bad when it comes to food. This seems like a very bad decision! So I am going to try to kick the creamer habit!  I'm not sure if I should go about this "cold turkey" or just cut back little by little. No matter how I go about it, change is a coming yall, and it's coming in the form of black coffee!

          ~Betsy


No comments:

Post a Comment