Thursday, September 27, 2012

It Just Got Real People...

  

I had such a fun summer! Lots of good friends, family, drinks, and FOOD! I was out living in the sunshine more than running in it, and it was fun while it lasted. GAME. OVER.

The last time I put my favorite jeans on, I practically had to use baby powder, and a shoe horn to get into them. Well, the other day I tried to put them on again, and the button was so far from the whole it was laughing at me.  Ha! Anyway, It's on like Donkey Kong!  Come hell or high water... I will fit into my favorite jeans again, and SOON!  Here is my plan...

First:  Move! I will be out running every morning that my schedule allows it. NO EXCUSES!  Right now that is 4 mornings a week. When I can't run, you will find me frog jumping across my house to the laundry room, doing plie squats and fireplace step ups in front of the TV, playing with my new pilates mini weight ball, etc...

Second: Protein Shake. Usually a staple in my diet; drinking my shakes everyday has totally gone by the wayside lately. I'll be back to downing a couple of these daily.

Third: Whole grains only. Period. I'm not talking about the grocery "Whole Grain" store breads that still have enriched flour. I'm talking sprouted wheat bread, and oats. You can do a lot with quick oats. :)

Fouth:  NO SWEETS!! No explanation needed.

Fifth: Lean and Mean.  Lean meats, veggies, and fruits. If it poops on the ground or grows from it; I'll eat it... Well, with in reason... ;)

Six- Hydrate.  Water is nature's best detox!  :)


I always listen to my body, and try to do what's best for it. These things have always worked well for me, but my rule in life is MODERATION. I just try to make more good health decisions than bad.
This summer.. I made more bad. LOL!

               ~Betsy




1 comment:

  1. Let's enjoy food and go shopping for bigger clothes. I am okay with that. We will be happy, chunky friends. No shame in that. xoxo

    ReplyDelete