Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Dear Pinterest, I LOVE you...

Hi Y'all!
     If you have ever read this blog, then you know that I LOVE Pinterest.  The good, the Bad, but mostly the DIY!! Here is a little something that I did a while back inspired by this Old Flooring Art Pinterest pin. I needed a large piece of "art" to go upstairs in the hallway. I used hardwood flooring from our garage that was leftover from building our house, and I had primer out there too. Then I bought contact paper, a picture hanging kit, and wood glue from the Dollar Tree. This means that the whole project cost me $3!!!  It turned out pretty good, and has been hanging now for a few months!  I had some serious concerns about buying wood glue from the dollar store because of the weight of this thing. It was name brand though, so I took a chance. It's still holding solid! Thank God, because it will totally take out my light fixture if it ever decides to fall. Ha!  Also, I didn't use a projector at all. I just drew my tree freehand. It was pretty easy! Note: Cutting the tree out of the contact paper was sort of a pain in the tush, and it took a while. If you are like me, you just get caught up on your TV shows while doing it. ;) 

Now that school is starting back tomorrow; I have some DIY decor, and organization plans for fall. What do-it-yourself projects do you have planned on the horizon?
                          ~Betsy

Finished


See what I mean about taking out the light fixture? LOL!  :)

View from downstairs in my living room.






3 comments:

  1. Looks amazing!! Miss you sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're the best. I love your blog. Did you know I'm blogoholic? So I'll be here regularly. Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it and can't wait to see it in person!! Nice job girly!!

    ReplyDelete