Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Baked Banana Oatmeal Squares


Today I will be sharing one of my favorite snack recipes that I have been basically living on these days.. I love food, and I will eat anything. I don't count calories, but as a rule of thumb I have always tried to make more good decisions than bad when it comes to eating. These baked oatmeal squares are quite good. I LOVE them! There is also SO many ways to vary this recipe that switching it up it super easy, and I do that often adding peanut butter, apples, and so on... These are also low in calories. At just over 40 calories a serving, you can go ahead and have more, and not even feel guilty. It's healthy! 

Baked Banana Oatmeal Squares

Ingredients-  1 1/2 cups quick oats
                      1 to 1.5 medium ripened banana
                      1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
                      1/4 cup fat free milk
                      1/4 cup brown baking stevia blend sweetener
                      1 tsp. baking powder
                      1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
                      1 large egg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mash banana until smooth and most lumps are gone. 

Add applesauce and egg to banana mixture, and mix.

Add cinnamon and mix well.

Add oats, baking powder, and "brown sugar" stevia blend sweetener.




Add milk, and mix well.


Spread mixture in a greased 8X8 baking pan.


This part is totally optional, but I like to crumble a little bit of Splenda brand brown sugar blend on the top for good measure. :) ( The calorie count does not include this step.)


Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Slice and eat!


These are totally yummy, and if you do end up consuming the entire pan in 24 hours, and you are curious about the calorie intake. It's 487 calories. I won't say why I know this. ;)  















                       

2 comments:

  1. I love banana-anything, so these sound yummy! Save me a square next time you make a pan! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good...I love oatmeal& bananas! I will definitely be trying these:)

    ReplyDelete