Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Folding Laundry Fail...

Hi Everyone! I'm getting a little bit of a late start blogging this week.  I had such a fun weekend! I got to go out with the Hubs to a fun party, and had just enough relaxing. I can't post pictures of the party because, we were hanging out with a few of our favorite people from Portland City Hall, and I have a "no pictures of public officials" policy. Ha! They weren't doing anything. It's just out of respect for the people in public positions and their staff. :)  It was a great time though! Then I spent Monday hanging out at home doing laundry. Ugh! I can't stand folding laundry! Example: 


This is my laundry room... 
(Notice the laundry on the counter)

This is what comes out of my laundry room...
(Yikes! I took this picture with my phone.)
  
Grumble Grumble Grumble.... Look at this laundry pile!!! Every time I procrastinate folding laundry like this, I swear that I will NEVER do this again!  Let me say it again... I hate folding laundry. It's not that I hate washing laundry. I just don't like stopping and standing in one place to fold for 30 minutes, and I can almost think of anything that I would rather do. I stay on top of it for a while, but then I'll have a busy week or something. This is when it ends up getting completely out of control, and we are digging through baskets of clean clothes looking for shirts and underwear. Then when I finally can't take it anymore... I take it all out into the living room, and dump it on the couches to fold. Only now instead of it taking 30 minutes, it takes over 2 hours! (with constant interruptions from a 3 year old) Geesh! When am I ever going to learn!!  This cycle has to be broken, so I am now pledging to to random people of the blog-o-sphere. "I Betsy will now fold as I go!!!"   How do you manage staying on top of your family's laundry? Do you fold as you go? Do you have a "laundry day" every week?  I would love to know!

             ~Betsy




4 comments:

  1. I can't STAND folding laundry. Just looking at the pile makes me so sad :(
    I don't fold as I go either..that's probably a better idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do at least a load every day, but that's mostly because of Owen's cloth diapers. On days I'm doing clothing laundry I have about 3 loads. It's my routine to move the clothes out of the dryer, toss them on my bed and start the next load in the washer. Once that's started I come back in to fold the previous load. I fold them into categories and leave the piles on the bed until all 3 loads are done. Then I take each stack into whomever's room it belongs to. If I don't fold each load as I go, I get anxiety because I can't stand wrinkled clothes!!

    And one key point, I usually start laundry after dinner, that way I have time in the evening to stay on top of it all. If I try during the day, I leave the house and totally forget about it. I can talk A LOT about laundry. I'm one of those freaks that LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good ideas! I wish I shared your love if folding laundry. My house will be spotless, and my laundry room will be bursting at the seems with clothes baskets waiting to be folded. I put it off too long! I should have Ty take off the door, so I can't hide it. :)

      Delete
  3. I would rather clean dirty toilets 3 times a day than do laundry. UGH!

    ReplyDelete