Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Worst. Blogger. Ever.

Sandpoint, Idaho

Where in the Sam hell have I been???  Well, I may have forgotten to post for all of you readers (aka my mom and Friend) that I was heading to north Idaho. The Hubs family lives up there, and I took the kids to hang out with the family for awhile. We had a great time! Here's a view from the condo we stayed at. It was lovely.

Now... Back to the real world!  We got home late evening on Sunday, and Monday morning I felt like someone had shot me out of a cannon! At least I got to have a cup of coffee and take the dog for a morning walk before the kids woke up to start giving me grief from sun up to sun down. I was damn near in tears by the end of the day yesterday. Those of you who know me, will know that this is not the norm. 

Somewhere between Coeur d' Alene, Idaho and Portland, The Misses forgot to learn how to use the toilet without going in her pants first, and R forgot his manners, thoughtfulness, patience, and overall good attitude. It made for a pretty crummy day here in the household. They have just been a hoot to have around the house, and since a bad attitude is contagious like the flu, I totally lost it by the end of the day. 

I have started a new book, and it's a memoir by David Sedaris called Dressing Your Family in Corduroy and Denim. It's hilarious so far! It takes place in the late 60's early 70's in North Carolina. Anyway, at one point in the book his mother was so fed up with he and his sister's behavior, she kicked them out of the house to play in the snow and locked the door! She left them out there until dusk while she sat inside alternating between glasses of wine and coffee while reading her book. Well, times have changed. These days you would get into big trouble for doing that, but I really thought that it sounded like a good idea yesterday. ;)

Today is a new day, and I can do this!  Here is the link to a great Huffington Post article that I read yesterday thanks to a good friend posting it on Facebook. I really could relate to it, and I think all moms of young kids can to. It's a great read, and it was a Godsend for me yesterday.  :)   ~Betsy


No comments:

Post a Comment