Tuesday, July 17, 2012

What's Up?

Life that's what! I have been so busy lately that I feel like blogging has taken a back seat to LIVING! We have been having lots of fun this summer so far with park days, friends, activities, or just hanging outside in our little backyard oasis! We've been having play dates, soccer camp, taking in movies, and having cook outs with friends, even though cleanliness wise my house is going strait to hell in a hand basket. ;)  Oh well, I'm hoping when the kids look back they will remember the fun things we did, and not the GIANT pile of laundry in the laundry room floor and the dust on the lamp shades. Things have been very busy around here lately, but I am loving the chaos. Well, most of it anyway.

Our little oasis in the city.
(Please excuse the wet t-shirt on the ground. We live here. ;)

What a fun weekend! On Friday we had a totally fun play date with Friend and the boys. It was hours of fun with water balloons, bounce house, tons of food, and friends. The kids were konked out in the car in 5 min. on the way home! I love it when that happens.  Then spent the evening hanging out with more friends and a few beverages, just chatting on the porch on a rare warm summer evening here in Portland. 


On Saturday we attended a BBQ held by our good friends that have just had a baby, and (cue jealousy) I got to hold their new babes for quite awhile during the evening. I don't mean to brag, but I think he really liked me. ;)  He was so teeny tiny, and very, very sweet. All the while catching up with some of our favorite people that we don't get to see often enough.

Sunday, got up ate breakfast at The Blue Pig (if you live in Portland RUN to this place for breakfast), did a little clothes shopping for The Hubs, then came home and (cue major jealousy) bottled gallons of our homemade beer!  Yep, the Hubs has been brewing this for 2 weeks now, and I was able to taste it for the first time. It was awesome! I had pretty low expectations since this is my first experience with home brewing, but it was super good! We had the kids help us cap the bottles, and now I have to wait for 3 more weeks before I can actually enjoy a cold one. Boo!  It will be worth the wait I'm sure. I'm thinking of buying labels for the bottles. I would love to hear any good name suggestions. It's a NW pale ale style beer. I'm thinking "Kick the Pale Ale" has a nice ring to it. It's a play on words for kick the can.  :)  What do you think?


Monday morning while on my morning run, I got sprayed from feet to face with pesticide by a lady in a HAZMAT suit treating her Asian pear tree growing next to the sidewalk, and spent most of the day totally sick! That makes me seriously wonder if I should start eating more organic fruits and veggies. I started feeling better by the evening, but fun weekend over. ;)

Anyway, I will try to get back on the ball with blogging. I'd hate to keep my mom ( half of my blogging audience) waiting for an update! Ha! :)

               ~Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment