Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Dodge Park Camping!!

Our little camp spot


This past weekend I went camping with my sweet family! So you all may not know this, but my maiden name is Camp. That's right! So Camp...ing, is actually my middle name. Ha! So does this make me a superior outdoorsman? Absolutely not! I go camping with the family because the Hubs, and kids LOVE it!  When camping; I'm not a fan of totally roughing it, and our camping trip may have included a charcoal Weber grill, queen sized blow up mattress, playground for the kids, patio chairs, and super clean bathrooms/showers.  It was the nicest campground, and close to the city. (This is good for when you aren't sure how your 3 year old will like camping. ;) Still, when the second day comes around I start to feel like I'm choosing to be homeless, and get ready to head home to wash the smell of camp fire away.  All jokes aside though, I had a great time unplugging with the family for a few days, and secretly wish for many more camping trips with family and friends.  ~Betsy
Me and R
 (Excuse the no make up. I'm camping!)


                                                                        Dodge Park
(PS. This water was about 45 degrees, and these people wading in it have lost their damn minds. 
I recommend laying out on the shore.)

             

2 comments:

  1. YAY - YOU SURVIVED!!! Maybe there is hope for me ... with enough vodka. Ha ha ha ha!!! Glad you and the fam had fun!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to re-read this post to inspect this campsite that I so quickly agreed to an overnight adventure. HA!! Happy to see there are bathrooms - whew! Bringing lots of beer on Friday ..... please don't judge my fly camping skillz. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete